What’s new in Pandora FMS 7.0 NG 712
This post is also available in : Spanish
The latest Pandora FMS update package is already available, featuring important improvements and visual changes. Some of the most important changes are listed below:
- New Web User Experience server (WUX) with the ability to automate transactional web browsing tests, making it easy to perform automatic tests, check website stability, detect bottlenecks, and the loading speed, showing screenshots of faults and detailed statistics of each transaction.
- New _id_module macro with the identifying id information for each module has been added.
- Date and time text macros in the visual console have been added.
- The use of the UNION statement is allowed in the SQL queries of the reports.
- Database update on cascade protection has been improved.
- Optimized access in the mobile version.
- The tasks of cron Jobs are limited depending on the user profile. If the user has access to the creation of reports , he will be able to enter the cron Jobs, but won’t be able to execute personalized actions (which can only be executed by administrators)
- Thanks to the integration with Elastic we have drastically improved the system of storage and visualization of logs, which allows us to increase the scalability and the speed of the presentation of the information. Now we can collect hundreds of lines per second of logs of Unix and Windows systems and communication systems. The folder-based storage system stops working in version 712, you must follow the ElasticSearch deployment guide if you want to continue using this feature.
- It is now possible to use network or satellite servers to launch event responses, SNMP / WMI wizards, and SNMP browser in places where the console does not have access to.
- The following improvements have been made when creating events through the command line: you can add instructions to events, add the event creator user and add a function to automatically create an agent in case that the one that appears in the event does not exist.
- The Pandora FMS database maintenance tool for very large databases has been optimized.
- Improvements in the performance of GIS Maps in very strict permission configurations.
- Visual appearance of fonts in PDF reports in Japanese has been improved.
- Title Changes in Threshold Columns in Agent View.
- Error message format when sending PDF reports to cron Jobs has been improved.
- Visual appearance on login screen in console and meta-console has been improved.
- Deactivated modules are no longer displayed in the general module search from the console header.
- It incorporates the possibility of attaching alert graphs with thresholds.
- Visual enhancement of full scale graphs of boolean modules in a client.
- Link to the icons in the “remote config” column of the agents view has been added.
- The appearance of the license activation pop-up when the black theme is set up in the console has been improved.
- The presentation of long agent names in the circular graphs of the tactical view has been improved.
- The display of element names in service maps to avoid overlaps has been improved.
- Negative data is now displayed in module, custom, report graphics, visual consoles, and APIs.
- Timeout error in the SNMP wizard on devices with many interfaces has been fixed.
- Problem in scanning QR codes in Pandora FMS agents has been fixed.
- Network map access bug linked to fake nodes has been fixed.
- Bug with updates via online Update Manager has been fixed.
- Problem of loss of information in agents when inserting data has been solved.
- Improvements in autorefresh in network maps.
- Bug in event view of disappearance of selected filter when switching pages has been fixed.
- Failure when deleting unknown or uninitialized modules when performing bulk operations using the “any” option in the filter has been fixed.
Download Pandora FMS
Download the latest, fully updated version of Pandora FMS from the download section of our website.
El equipo de redacción de Pandora FMS está formado por un conjunto de escritores y profesionales de las TI con una cosa en común: su pasión por la monitorización de sistemas informáticos.
Pandora FMS’s editorial team is made up of a group of writers and IT professionals with one thing in common: their passion for computer system monitoring.