New HTML5 graphs engine
We are working hard in Pandora FMS 5.0 and one of the biggest points of this version is a renewed graphs system.
I talk about Flot library.
With the new library we gain flexibility of customisation, interactivity and forget the heavy flash technology.
Some of the new features provided by this engine are:
- Know the value of the graph (even combined graphs) updating legend when move the cursor over graph
- Zoom in possibility
- Overview graph to view full graph as reference when the main one is zoomed
- Warning and critical thresholds as yellow and red horizontal lines
- Draw events as points in the graph (until now the events was drawn as area graphs very ugly)
- Extend information of events through ajax call
- Bold the legend item when the cursor is over a sector in pie graphs
- All flexibility that you imagination needs :)
Remember that YES… all of that is a completly OPEN feature.
You are welcomed to download the trunk version, test the graphs and play with it all you want.