10 Reasons Network Monitor Software is a Must
Ever since the 1980s, network monitoring systems have been in place for companies that rely on computer networks to perform their daily operations. Since their implementation, they’ve undergone drastic changes and now, provide IT teams with incredible tools to ensure best practices for everything from servers to application performance.
However, network monitoring is complicated and expansive, and often, the clients Pandora FMS works with want to know exactly how such services will benefit them beforehand. So, we’ve collected ten of the most attractive reasons for every business, large or small, to invest in comprehensive network monitoring services.
- Network Map Creation: Network monitoring solutions will be able to easily map out your networks according to their associations via virtualization or Wi-Fi connections, and physical or cabled connections. You’ll never have to manually track components back to their host.
- Device Discovery Solutions: One of the most basic duties of any network monitoring solution is the ability to discover every device at every location throughout your network. For larger networks, identifying your devices and what IP addresses they’re using is often easier said than done, but monitoring solutions make you able to do so all at the simple click of a button.
- Long-Term Hardware Trends: Monitoring software provides key insight into CPU utilization, memory usage, hard-disk capacity, bandwidth statistics, and more, you can identify long-term hardware trends and plan for the future. You can avoid issues down the road by using historical reports as a basis.
- Understanding Device Health Status: Network monitor software is designed to determine whether a device is on or offline by performing ping or port tests. Often, such issues will be able to be detected in your network map as a warning that can then be sent to your IT team to be corrected.
- Network Traffic Analysis: One of the things that can have a dire effect on your network is high traffic that it’s not equipped to handle. The right monitoring solutions will give you a better idea of how your network is utilizing switch ports and communicating over a given time. It not only shows you when your network is overburdened but by what.
- Managing Network Devices: Monitoring solutions can be used to monitor specific devices for changes when your software is provided with access to the device’s configuration files.
- Alerting & Incident Response: Once you’re aware that a device is offline or not working properly, what’s the next step? Well, with the right software, you’ll have incident response procedures in place and integration capabilities to help your IT team remedy the situation. Alerts can be posted to support ticket systems or interact with virtualization software, as well as notify the right member of your IT team via text, email, slack messages, or other methods.
- Wireless Connectivity Analysis: Nowadays, you’d be hard-pressed to find a company that doesn’t rely on wireless in some way, shape, or form. That’s why reliable network monitoring services are designed to constantly analyze wireless activity, such as slow transmission speeds and patchy coverage. Your monitoring software will collect statistics that can reveal the root cause of such issues.
- Cloud Integration: These days, a lot of companies are taking advantage of cloud services to store information and perform network duties, which is why selecting a monitoring software that makes integration easy is key. You can track cloud usage to determine areas where there might have been spikes in costs for one reason or another and get a handle on such situations.
- Monitoring Application Health: The applications you’re using need to be functioning properly to provide the very best user experience, which is why many network monitoring solutions also offer application monitoring capabilities. You’ll be able to monitor an application’s general health and be notified of issues before they have a chance to grow out of control.
Proactivity vs. Reactivity
Before we wrap things up, our team of experts wanted to touch briefly on the difference between proactivity and reactivity where your network is concerned. By implementing comprehensive network monitoring solutions, you’re taking the proactive approach, integrating software designed to help you streamline processes and catch problems in real-time. This is often much more financially beneficial, as a reactive approach to network problem solving can result in major issues, device failure, network downtime, and more problems that will ultimately cost your business money and potentially drive away customers.
Our Network Monitoring Solutions
At Pandora FMS, our network and server monitoring solutions are designed to handle anything that you can throw at them. In fact, they’re equipped to work with thousands of different devices, meaning even the most complex network and application environments don’t pose a problem.
For almost two decades the team from Pandora FMS has been providing users all around the world with the most cutting-edge monitoring solutions available. We work with clients in more than 40 countries and have partners in Asia, America, and Europe. Our clients span a wide range of industries including the hospitality, healthcare, insurance, transport and logistics, and defense industries.
Contact Pandora FMS today for more network monitoring solutions!
If you’re committed to getting your network running up to speed and improving processes, Pandora FMS can help you. In addition to our network monitoring tools, Pandora FMS also offers SAP monitoring solutions, log collection and more.
Contact us online today for a quote or call 1 (305) 900-6683.
El equipo de redacción de Pandora FMS está formado por un conjunto de escritores y profesionales de las TI con una cosa en común: su pasión por la monitorización de sistemas informáticos.
Pandora FMS’s editorial team is made up of a group of writers and IT professionals with one thing in common: their passion for computer system monitoring.