What’s New in Pandora FMS 7.0 NG 722
This last update package of Pandora FMS 7.0 NG contains improvements as well as visual changes and includes the resolution of some problems. A list of the most important changes can be found below.
New features and improvements
- Implementation of SMNP v3 in Satellite Server and Network Server Enterprise. Allows to apply the incredible polling speed of Pandora FMS that it had for versions 1 and 2c also to the SNMP v3 devices.
- Improvements in GIS views, extending the information shown by each node. In the next update, we’ll have more GIS feature enhancements!
- Massive operations when editing modules of a policy. It allows us to modify common parameters of dozens of components of an existing policy, to implement massive policy changes. Many users had asked us for this functionality.
- New Events extension for Chrome. We had not updated more than a year the Chrome extension that allows us to view Pandora FMS events in real time. It’s already uploaded to the official extensions store.
- Visual Consoles. The status inheritance system has been expanded to take weights into account.
- Plugin VMWare. The new version allows to monitor the standard networks, grouping virtual switches, indicating traffic and number of connected virtual machines, grouped by VLAN. Added extra counters for VM, user configurable, vcpuAllocation, memoryMBAllocation and guestOS modules. It has also been added the possibility of encrypting the datacenter passwords, combos to the configuration form, as well as the correction of some errors in the graphs.
- Calculation of SLAs and prioritization of states. Unification of colors and criteria in some reports that visualized it in different ways. Planned stops will now be displayed in purple.
- Improved cluster monitoring, adding alerts from the wizard itself, improving API/CLI calls and simplifying the interface.
- When deleting a parent group that contains child groups, the children are hooked to the root group to avoid “invisible” groups that are independent.
- Fixed a problem in the advanced use of LDAP authentication, in user autocreation, and now it is allowed to use the “=” character as part of the data.
- Fixed a bug that affected the processing of Inventory XMLs in some very specific circumstances.
- The performance of some Dashboards in Firefox browsers has been improved.
- Some problems in the interface and the way to paint relationships between nodes of the Network Maps have been solved.
- Fixed some issues with the Event View pagination.
- Fixed SQL errors when there was an access login for users without a profile assigned.
- Small problem solved in the use of the filter by group of the Monitor View.
- Fixed a problem in the Metaconsole Services interface.
- Improved the status update of the elements that compose the Visual Consoles in Metaconsole.
- Graph Container ACLs bugs fixed.
- Fixed a problem with exporting events to CSV.
Download Pandora FMS
The last updated version of Pandora FMS can be downloaded from the downloads section of our website: