With Pandora FMS you can measure bandwidth used in your network, either by asking your router/switches by SNMP or processing Netflow statistics sent from your routers. Understanding bandwidth and resource consumption is the key to better achieve network management:
- Avoid bandwidth and server performance bottlenecks
- Find out what applications or what servers are using up your bandwidth
- Deliver better quality of service to your users by being proactive
- Reduce costs by buying bandwidth and hardware according to actual load
- Answer to these questions: Where your bandwidth is used, Who is using it and how it is being used.
Router network traffic (interactive graph)
Routers, switches, modems, AP’s and other network equipments speaks a common language: SNMP. With Pandora FMS you can set up a device with a few clicks, and start monitoring bandwidth, interface status, load average, storage space, memory usage, and much more. You can get dozens of different reports to get useful information.
Want more? Use our Recon Server to detect all your network, including topology, hierarchy and OS, and apply templates to start monitoring your devices automatically. A full Class B Network can be detected and monitored in less than one hour!.
Enterprise network map view
Do you have a huge network? The new Satellite server, can manage more than 100,000 nodes using a single server, and combined with the scalable architecture and the metaconsole you can manage a million devices using a central point of operation.
Pandora FMS do real transactional web monitoring. The Enterprise version uses a real browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome) with real extensions (Java, Flash) to navigate inside your web application. It has a recorderand remember when you click on a button, your mouse inputs and of course, you can provide the results expected to see if everything is right. This is pure synthetic translation monitoring, not just checking a port and a http response.
With Pandora FMS you can get load times, per page, or for the whole transaction, and of course, check if the complete process was ok. WEB monitoring also can be used to get dynamic values from a web site, or just navigate a simple page.
Pandora FMS have five ways to manage the problem os distributed architectures, complex topologies, different management teams, alert escalation and big deploments:
- Metaconsole: let you manage independent Pandora FMS setups with a single point of operation, using a federated system. You can manage thousand of nodes with it. We have public success stories of setups with more than 8,000 nodes running.
- Multiple servers on a single setup: Multiple servers, even in different physical networks, sharing the central dababase, are used to split the load, and adapt to the topology of your network.
- Agent broker: Use a single agent as a "coordinator" for other agents, or just to perform a limited network monitoring using the system running the agent. Very useful when you don't have direct connectivity on the remote network.
- Export server. Export part of your monitoring data from one server to another, without permanent connection and isolated administration (different teams).
- Satellite server. Sweep networks for new network devices, or Linux/Windows servers, automatically monitor them and launch hundred of thousands of SNMP/ICMP checks with a single server, even out of your network. This is the ultimate tool that goes where others can not (available from v5.1).
Isolated network topology (Broker / Satellite)