Installation and Configuration
We are working on the Pandora FMS documentation. Sorry for any inconvenience.
For the installation of Metaconsole visit the topic completely dedicated to it.
From Pandora FMS version 756, the synchronization system for environments with centralized mode has been redesigned from scratch, making it faster and more efficient, since the changes will be replicated to the nodes automatically without the need for manual synchronization, as it was the case up to now.
This change deems the previous system outdated, so in environments where it was active, it will have to go through the previous automatic merging system to use the new centralization system and be able to guarantee data integrity.
When updating all the already centralized Metaconsole environments will be forced to go through the new Merging tool section located in Centralised management to be able to be centralized again correctly.
For Command Center installation, and everything related to it, please visit the topic devoted to it.
Once you have installed Pandora FMS you may apply a license. Then in this section you may find out its status, request a validation (Validate) for reinstalling a Pandora FMS instance or requesting a new license (Request new license).
NG 765 version or later.
If the Satellite server option is enabled, a license encryption key can be configured to ensure secure transmission of the license token to the Satellite server. This same key must be configured on the Satellite server.
Warp Update Online
NG 763 version or later.
If you have a valid Metaconsole license and have access to the Internet, you will be able to update the Metaconsole automatically. This section will only be visible if Enable Warp Update is activated in the General Configuration.
Warp Update Offline
NG 763 version or later.
It allows you to update Metaconsole without the need to connect to the Internet. Just upload the
.rpm files in order to the version you need to update, since they are not cumulative versions. This section will only be visible if Enable Warp Update is activated in the General Configuration.
Applying offline patches may make your console unusable, we recommend to completely backup your files before applying any patch.
Warp Update Journal
Click on Warp Update Journal icon to find out the updates made, version, date and time of application, user who requested and applied it, etc. This section will only be visible if Enable Warp Update is activated in the General Configuration.
Thoughout time many records will be accumulated, which you may filter by expanding the Filter box and entering the keyword to search for.
Warp Update options
NG 763 version or later.
By default it is already configured to perform the update online.This section will only be visible if Enable Warp Update is activated in the General Configuration.
Enterprise version: Contact support before changing any of the following fields:
- Warp Update URL.
- Use secured Warp Update.
- Proxy server.
- Proxy port.
- Proxy user.
- Proxy password.
In Pandora FMS there is a monitoring system for the status of the console and the system in general.
- Click on Notifications icon for add or subscribe to each notifications' category of those users or groups that receive the notification.
- For the System status you may in addition specify each technical aspect for each registered user or group.
Through the menu Setup → Metasetup → Relations rules it is possible to access this utility. It allows you to quickly retrieve information about certain special devices through an API (different from the main API).
In the table Relations choose a Type, dropdown list: Ip Gateway or IMEI and assign a relation value which will be used in the API query. This query will return the Node address that you selected, either one of the Metaconsole nodes or a custom node through the Custom option. Once the three fields described above have been set, click on Insert relation to save the new relation.
To load a list of relations, create a file in CSV format with the following order:
gateway,<rule>,<node> . Example:
The saved relations will be displayed at the bottom and can be filtered by Type, Value or Node address. You may also delete relations one by one or select several or all of them with the corresponding check box and then click Delete to mass delete.
Relation queries will be returned in JSON format. Example in Mozilla Firefox web browser for
Example in Mozilla Firefox web browser for
Using the button Node Address Default can be configured to return a pre-established response when there is no relation rule established or when no relation rule is found that matches the request made. This response can either be the IP address of one of the Metaconsole nodes or a custom message, for example:
In this configuration a series of values must be established, such as:
- The output address (From dir).
- The name of the outgoing address (From name).
- The IP address or FQND of the SMTP server (Port SMTP).
- SMTP port number (Port SNMP).
- Type of encryption for privacy (Encryption):
- If necessary, the user and password of the electronic mail user (E-mail user and E-mail password).
You will be able to make your custom translations (String translation icon) even with macro variables; this extension is fully described in the Translate string section.
File manager where it is possible to upload and delete the files from the images folder from the Metaconsole installation.
The Metaconsole code re-uses some images from the normal console code. These images will be not accessible for this manager and it will be necessary to get to the installation manually to manage them.
- Max. days before events are deleted: Field where the maximum number of days before deleting events is defined.
- Use real-time statistics: Enable or disable the use of real-time statistics.
- Max. days before audited events are deleted: Number of days of event auditing to be maintained.
- Default hours for event view: Field where the hours field of the default filter in the event view is defined. If the default is 8, the event view will show only the events occurred in the last 8 hours. This field also affects the display, counting and graphing of events in the tactical view.
- Migration block size: It is used to migrate (move) agents between nodes in Metaconsole environments, especially to transfer historical data between one node and another.
- Events response max. execution: Number of events that will perform the desired action at the same time.
- Max. number of events per node: Maximum number of events to be displayed for each node.
- Row limit in csv log: Limit of rows for the record in CSV format.
- Max. macro data fields: Field where the number of macros that can be used for alerts is defined.
- PhantomJS cache cleanup: (For NG 767 and earlier versions) Pandora FMS web2image cache system cleaning. It is always cleaned after an update.
- Limits of events per query: Limit set for the maximum number of events in a query, by default five thousand items.
- Max. days before purge: (Version 770 and later) The maximum number of days before purging the database. This parameter is also used to specify the maximum number of days before deleting inventory history data.
All configuration related to the data representation. Colors and graph resolution, number of items in the view pagination,etc.You can see more information about the visual configuration in this link.
To know more about the authentication go to the section Authentication.
It enables the use of the history database in the Metaconsole (Enable historical database). To learn more about the configuration of the history database visit Console Configuration.
From Pandora FMS version 747 onwards, the configuration of access to the ElasticSearch server, the maximum number of log entries to be seen in the ►Monitoring → Log Viewer section and the status of the configured ElasticSearch server are incorporated.
It is possible to set a password policy with limitations in the password number of characters, expiration, temporary blocking of one user. To know more about the password policy go to the section Password policy.
In this section we find general data of the Metaconsole, such as the language, the date/hour configuration or customization about some sections, among others.
It is possible to customize if we want that the Netflow section would be enabled or disabled, the tree view classified by tags, the visual console and the possibility of web checks creation from the Wizard.
The parameters that require explanation are:
- Force use Public URL: Forces the use of public URLs. If this field is active, no matter what system is implemented, links and references will always be built based on
- Public URL host exclusions: Hosts added in this field will ignore the previous field.
- Enable update manager: This option allows you to activate the Warp Update to update the Metaconsole.
- Enable log viewer: This option allows you to activate the log viewer tab to edit the Elasticsearch server configuration.