1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. Problems (EN)
  4. Distributed remote agent configuration

Distributed remote agent configuration

We have a problem with the remote configuration of agents and my knowledge of Pandora FMS is not as fresh as it used to be. I tell you a little bit about the architecture: We have 5 monitoring servers called: mon1, mon2, mon3, mon4, mon5. The console is in mon1 and the database is in a separate machine that only runs the MySQL. All the monX have network and data servers and the 1000 machines that we have monitored send data each one to its assigned monX. I have activated the remote configuration of all the agents and all the monX already have the configurations under /var/spool/pandora/data_in/conf, with correct permissions so that our Apache can read it. What is the problem? We only see the .conf in the console that are in mon1, I assume it is because it has the console in it. My question is, how can we do to be able to see the .conf of the agents that are in mon2, mon3, mon4 and mon5 (that obviously do not have pandora_console in them).

Solution: According to the description of its incidence, we understand that its environment is made up of: 1 console + 1 DB + 5 Pandora FMS servers, the 5 pointing to the node and the DB.

We have to take into account that the console interacts with the directory and sub directories /var/spool/pandora of each one of the PFMS servers, so each one of them has to have the appropriate permissions and users configured, which are the following:

chmod 2770 /var/spool/pandora/data_in/conf
chmod 2770 /var/spool/pandora/data_in/md5
chmod 660 /var/spool/pandora/data_in/conf/*
chmod 660 /var/spool/pandora/data_in/md5/*
chown -R pandora:apache /var/spool/pandora/data_in/md5
chown -R pandora:apache /var/spool/pandora/data_in/conf
chmod 755 /var/spool/pandora/
chown pandora:apache /var/spool/pandora

They must also have the following permissions /users in the /var/log/pandora directory:

chmod 2770 /var/log/pandora
chown -R pandora:root /var/log/pandora

Alternatively, you can do a directory synchronization with NFS or rsync.

• Nota: Keep in mind that the user/group of apache in OS like Debian is not called “apache” but “www-data” so when adding the users/groups described above should be taken into account this variable, for the case exposed the OS used is CentOS 7.
Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Need Support?

Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Contact Support