Welcome to Pandora FMS Community!

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the world.

Welcome to Pandora FMS Community Forums Community support Advanced troubleshooting Upgrading from 7.718 to 7.727 in Centos Pandora ISO.

• Upgrading from 7.718 to 7.727 in Centos Pandora ISO.

Posted by saleh on October 1, 2018 at 09:03

Hi

I’ve deployed pandora iso version 718, and trying to upgrade it to version 727, using the following commands, yet it  fails to start pandora server after im done:

14  systemctl stop pandora_server
       15  systemctl stop tentacle_serverd
       16  systemctl stop httpd
       17  systemctl stop pandora_agent
       18  systemctl stop mysqld
       19  rpm -U pandorafms_console-7.0NG.727-1.noarch.rpm
       20  rpm -U pandorafms_server-7.0NG.727-1.noarch.rpm
       21  rpm -i perl-Geo-IP-1.43-3.el7.x86_64.rpm
       22  rpm -U pandorafms_server-7.0NG.727-1.noarch.rpm
       24  systemctl start mysqld
       25  systemctl start pandora_agent
       26  systemctl start httpd
       27  systemctl start tentacle_serverd
       28  systemctl daemon-reload
       29  systemctl start pandora_server

Note: both config.php and pandora_server.conf are similar and saw no point in restoring them.
    here are the logs of the new server after the starting pandora server fails:
    ===================================================================
    attached the logs

saleh replied 5 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it
    ::

Unknown Member

October 1, 2018 at 13:00

Hi

I’ve deployed pandora iso version 718, and trying to upgrade it to version 727, using the following commands, yet it  fails to start pandora server after im done:

16  systemctl stop httpd

Note: both config.php and pandora_server.conf are similar and saw no point in restoring them.
    attached the logs

Good morning saleh,

As we can see first off all, next time try to start the Pandora server before you start de agent.

Secondly, we can see in the logs that the problem is in the connection of the server with the database. Can you please try to log in the database with the credentials of the .conf of the server?

Best regards,

Alberto

• saleh

October 1, 2018 at 13:47
    0 Karma points
    Community rank: tentacle-noob-1 Tentacle noob
    Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Hi

16  systemctl stop httpd

attached the logs

Good morning saleh,

As we can see first off all, next time try to start the Pandora server before you start de agent.

Secondly, we can see in the logs that the problem is in the connection of the server with the database. Can you please try to log in the database with the credentials of the .conf of the server?

Best regards,

Alberto

I cant login to DB, strange, I was able to; before the upgrade!, now I’m getting this error:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)

• Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Unknown Member

October 2, 2018 at 15:34

Hi

16  systemctl stop httpd

attached the logs

Good morning saleh,

Best regards,

Alberto

I cant login to DB, strange, I was able to; before the upgrade!, now I’m getting this error:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)

Good morning saleh,

There are 2 possible solutions to your problem:

1- Install Pandora 727 with the ISO, doing a previous backup of the different “.conf” that you can use after.
    2- Try to log to the database with: user->root pass->pandora. If this makes you access to the database, you only have to  change that info in the .conf of the server anc config.php. Remember to start the services with this order:

• Mysql
    • Httpd(apache)
    • Console
    • Pandora Server
    • Pandora Agent.

Best regards,

Alberto

• saleh

October 3, 2018 at 11:14
    0 Karma points
    Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Hi

16  systemctl stop httpd

attached the logs

Good morning saleh,

Best regards,

Alberto

Good morning saleh,

1- Install Pandora 727 with the ISO, doing a previous backup of the different “.conf” that you can use after.
    2- Try to log to the database with: user->root pass->pandora. If this makes you access to the database, you only have to  change that info in the .conf of the server anc config.php. Remember to start the services with this order:

• Mysql
    • Httpd(apache)
    • Console
    • Pandora Server
    • Pandora Agent.

Best regards,

Alberto

I can’t log in using root in 727.

Let me back a little bit, first I had production server running 718, using Pandora Docs, I backed up everything, alongside the DB; like so:
    mysqldump -u root -p pandora > backup_pandora_X.Y.sql
    Note: notice using root to login.
    on lap running 2 vms, first 718, i restored the DB to it and upgraded to 727, second vm; 727 i directly restored the DB to it.
    in booth cases pandora server gives errors, furthermore, i changed DB username to root in both vm, still getting error, changes made in config.php and pandora_server.conf.
    Note: how to stop and start the console??

• Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Unknown Member

October 3, 2018 at 16:07

Hi

16  systemctl stop httpd

attached the logs

Good morning saleh,

Best regards,

Alberto

Good morning saleh,

• Mysql
    • Httpd(apache)
    • Console
    • Pandora Server
    • Pandora Agent.

Best regards,

Alberto

Let me back a little bit, first I had production server running 718, using Pandora Docs, I backed up everything, alongside the DB; like so:
    on lap running 2 vms, first 718, i restored the DB to it and upgraded to 727, second vm; 727 i directly restored the DB to it.
    in booth cases pandora server gives errors, furthermore, i changed DB username to root in both vm, still getting error, changes made in config.php and pandora_server.conf.

Good morning saleh,

Sometimes the DB only creates the user wit “root” and no pass, please try it that way and tell us how did it go.

P.D: It was a failure telling you about the start and stop of the console, there is no actions like that. Sorry

Alberto

• saleh

October 4, 2018 at 12:10
    0 Karma points
    Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Good morning saleh,

Best regards,

Alberto

Good morning saleh,

• Mysql
    • Httpd(apache)
    • Console
    • Pandora Server
    • Pandora Agent.

Best regards,

Alberto

Good morning saleh,

Sometimes the DB only creates the user wit “root” and no pass, please try it that way and tell us how did it go.

P.D: It was a failure telling you about the start and stop of the console, there is no actions like that. Sorry

Alberto

on booth 718 and 727 and on fresh installed iso and the ones that has DB recovered, strange i guess its always: pandora,pandora for mysql login.

[root@Monitor ~]# mysql -n root
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’ (using password: NO)

• Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Unknown Member

October 4, 2018 at 15:33

Good morning saleh,

• Mysql
    • Httpd(apache)
    • Console
    • Pandora Server
    • Pandora Agent.

Best regards,

Alberto

Good morning saleh,

Alberto

on booth 718 and 727 and on fresh installed iso and the ones that has DB recovered, strange i guess its always: pandora,pandora for mysql login.

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’ (using password: NO

Good morning saleh,
    mysql -n?¿? Have you tried with -u?¿
    Do you have the same login credentials in the pandora_server.conf and the config.php of the console?
    If not try to reset root pass of the DB.
    Alberto

• saleh

October 7, 2018 at 18:46
    0 Karma points
    Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Good morning saleh,

• Mysql
    • Httpd(apache)
    • Console
    • Pandora Server
    • Pandora Agent.

Best regards,

Alberto

Good morning saleh,

Alberto

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’ (using password: NO

Good morning saleh,
    Do you have the same login credentials in the pandora_server.conf and the config.php of the console?
    Alberto

i started fresh, new 718 iso vm, i add simple agent config just to have some data, backed up the db like so:
    case one:
    mysqldump -u root -p pandora > /home/backup-root-pandora
    case two:
    mysqldump -u pandora -p pandora > /home/backup-pandora-pandora

and on new 727 i tried to restore the backups to it, in both cases i failed, for the record this how i restore:
    case one: 
    stop all pandora services
    mysql -u root -p pandora
    use pandora
    source /home/backup-root-pandora
    start all pandora services
    =====================
    case two:
    mysql -u pandora -p pandora 
    use pandora
    source /home/backup-pandora-pandora

• Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Unknown Member

October 8, 2018 at 11:39

Good morning saleh,

Alberto

Good morning saleh,
    Alberto

i started fresh, new 718 iso vm, i add simple agent config just to have some data, backed up the db like so:
    case one:
    case two:

and on new 727 i tried to restore the backups to it, in both cases i failed, for the record this how i restore:
    case one: 
    mysql -u root -p pandora
    use pandora
    =====================
    case two:
    use pandora

Good morning saleh,

Some questions.
    1) Have you installed each package to do the upgrade from the 718 to 727? You have to install each of them (719,720…) on the agent, server and console mannually.
    2) Have you tried to do the backup like this: mysqldump -u root -p pandora –all-databases–> /home/backup-root-pandora.sql . With this command you should get the database ok.

Alberto

• saleh

October 8, 2018 at 12:24
    0 Karma points
    Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Good morning saleh,

Alberto

Good morning saleh,
    Alberto

case one:
    case two:

case one: 
    mysql -u root -p pandora
    use pandora
    =====================
    case two:
    use pandora

Good morning saleh,

Some questions.
    1) Have you installed each package to do the upgrade from the 718 to 727? You have to install each of them (719,720…) on the agent, server and console mannually.
    2) Have you tried to do the backup like this: mysqldump -u root -p pandora –all-databases–> /home/backup-root-pandora.sql . With this command you should get the database ok.

Alberto

Hi
    Answers:
    1) no, I tried to upgrade directly form 718 to 727, i did not go through all the versions. so is this the right way?
    2) Thanks but the right syntax like so: mysqldump -u root -p –all-databases > /home/backup-root-pandora-new.sql
    Note:still didn’t work, tried 2 methods to restore:
    1-mysql -u root -p 
    source /home/backup….
    2-mysql -u root -p pandora
    use pandora
    source /home/backup….

• Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Unknown Member

October 9, 2018 at 11:57

Good morning saleh,
    Alberto

case one:
    case two:

case one: 
    mysql -u root -p pandora
    use pandora
    =====================
    case two:
    use pandora

Good morning saleh,

Some questions.

Alberto

Hi
    Answers:
    1) no, I tried to upgrade directly form 718 to 727, i did not go through all the versions. so is this the right way?
    2) Thanks but the right syntax like so: mysqldump -u root -p –all-databases > /home/backup-root-pandora-new.sql
    1-mysql -u root -p 
    source /home/backup….
    use pandora
    source /home/backup….

Good morning saleh,

Yes, you must upgrade each version 1 for 1 to make a correct upgrade.
    Talking about the backup, the correct way to restore the backup is the 2 way you said. But i don´t know why the backup isn’t doing ok with the –all-databases, are you doing the backup out of mysql?

Alberto

• saleh

October 9, 2018 at 12:15
    0 Karma points
    Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Good morning saleh,
    Alberto

case one:
    case two:

case one: 
    mysql -u root -p pandora
    use pandora
    =====================
    case two:
    use pandora

Good morning saleh,

Some questions.

Alberto

Hi
    Answers:
    1-mysql -u root -p 
    source /home/backup….
    use pandora
    source /home/backup….

Good morning saleh,

Yes, you must upgrade each version 1 for 1 to make a correct upgrade.
    Talking about the backup, the correct way to restore the backup is the 2 way you said. But i don´t know why the backup isn’t doing ok with the –all-databases, are you doing the backup out of mysql?

Alberto

what i know for sure is that a db backup from 718 to new 718 will work fine, but restoring to a newer version is causing issues big enough to cause Pandora_server service to exit?!, that db data communication is the issue