Welcome to Pandora FMS Community!

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the world.

Welcome to Pandora FMS Community Forums Community support office365 email delivery settings

• office365 email delivery settings

Posted by John on April 4, 2024 at 15:08

I currently have this version of pandora and in the email configuration I have the following configuration and what I have identified is that it is not saving the email password when I update it.

I put it without giving update and sends the test email without problems, but if I put the password and then I give update and perform the test mail does not send it. is not taking the full password.

I have a way to make this setting by console to leave the password saved from there.

Pandora FMS
    Version v7.0NG.775 – Community
    Current package 775
    MR version MR67
    BuildPC231228

Sergio replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Sergio

Administrator
    April 8, 2024 at 11:16
    1066 Karma points
    Community rank: tentacle_master_icon Tentacle Master
    Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it
    ::

Hello John,

We are not able to replicate the issue you’re having when updating the Email Password in console.

Have you made sure you have the correct settings inside the file /etc/my.cnf ?

Here’s a link to the configuration parameters you need to have in this file for everything to work properly:

https://pandorafms.com/manual/!current/en/documentation/pandorafms/complex_environments_and_optimization/08_optimization#check_mycnf_file

In the meantime, you can update the email password via MySQL with the following query:

update tconfig set value = "your_password" where token = "email_password";

Kind regards,

Sergio B.

• John

April 9, 2024 at 15:21
    107 Karma points
    Community rank: tentacle-noob-1 Tentacle noob
    Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

I made the test from several browsers and all come out the same, Engineer when you inform me by database this command update tconfig set value = “your_password” where token = “email_password”; the “email_password” is mail and again the password or only mail ?

Additional as I mentioned, if I leave the password as is in the browser without updating it sends the email, the novelty happens when I update the password and as it does not take it complete.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

• Sergio

Administrator
    April 10, 2024 at 09:15
    1066 Karma points
    Community rank: tentacle_master_icon Tentacle Master
    Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it

Hello,

We understood your problem but we were not able to replicate it.

So we sent you the query to update your email password directly into DB in order to workaround this.

You may probable missed some MR when upgrading at some point.

Execute the query and change your_password for the password of your mail and that should make it work.

Kind regards,

Sergio B.