Welcome to Pandora FMS Community!

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the world.

Welcome to Pandora FMS Community Forums Community support Community Updates after version 777?

• Community Updates after version 777?

Posted by aeleus on June 14, 2024 at 20:59

I just upgraded a Community Edition (on Linux) from 776 to 777 using Warp Online. I received the following notice:

From the 777 LTS version onwards, product updates will be differentiated in the Enterprise version and the Open Source version.
    Pandora FMS Community code will always be free and open, available with no charge of use and no need to register in Github and this will be the access way for future upgrades.
    Our Enterprise version customers, both paid and Free Edition, will continue to enjoy automatic updates with the new Warp 2.0 system that will also include the new synchronized plugin library, and other improvements.

I take this to mean the CE users will no longer be able to use Warp for updates and will have to use some other method. Should we be using yum/dnf, an upgrade script like the Online Installation Tool (https://pandorafms.com/manual/!current/en/documentation/pandorafms/installation/01_installing), or direct download from GitHub?

Is this documented?

Thanks

Sergio replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Sergio

Administrator
    June 17, 2024 at 09:47
    1125 Karma points
    Community rank: tentacle_master_icon Tentacle Master
    Like it
    Up
    Down
    Drop it
    ::

Hello Aeleus,

From version 777 onwards, the development of the Community version will be separated from the rest of the Enterprise product and will only receive occasional security updates or bugfixes. These updates will be done directly through github. In addition to this version you can choose to use the Pandora FMS Free version that has a limitation of agents / modules but with which you can use almost all the features of the Pro version and enjoy the updates that continue to be made in the Pro product or take the leap to Pandora FMS Pro with current discounts for users of the Community version. You can get information about all the options in the following link:

https://pandorafms.com/community/pandora-fms-downloads/