Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues when manually updating pandora 7 on debian
I have pandora 7 running on debian 14.04 LTS. I want to keep it up to date but there are some issues I run in to.

I downloaded the most recent updates "pandorafms.console_7.0NG.717.deb" and "pandorafms.server_7.0NG.717.deb".

I followed the instructions for updating from a .deb here: [url]https://wiki.pandorafms.com/index.php?title=Pandora:Documentation_en:Anexo_Upgrade[/url]

The first snag is during the console installation:

mv: can not move ”/var/www/pandora_console” to ”/var/www/html/pandora_console”: not empty

If I delete the old directory and move in the new, I am back to a fresh installation which is not what I want. My assumption was that I am supposed to overwrite existing files, which would leave my plugins and config intact. I did that manually, but I don't think it worked. The footer in the console still says "Pandora FMS v7.0NG.715 - Build PC171114 - MR 0" (not version 717 which I expected). So what am I missing?

The second is minor, during the server installation, I get the errors:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/pandorafms-server.prerm: row 64: systemctl: command does not exist
/var/lib/dpkg/info/pandorafms-server.prerm: row 65: systemctl: command does not exist
/var/lib/dpkg/info/pandorafms-server.prerm: row 66: systemctl: command does not exist

and later:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/pandorafms-server.postinst: row 86: systemctl: command does not exist
/var/lib/dpkg/info/pandorafms-server.postinst: row 87: systemctl: command does not exist
/var/lib/dpkg/info/pandorafms-server.postinst: row 88: systemctl: command does not exist

This is when the install script is stopping and starting the services. I can do that manually, but to fix the script: I believe there is a bug in the test "if [ -x `command -v systemctl` ]; then" preceding those errors. The command "command" only returns an exit code so the test reduces to "if [ -x ]" which is always true.