Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permissions in PandoraFMS
Hi All,

I'm new in Pandora, so I've got a question.

I'd like to create two different users. One is the Administrator, who can see every agents and every modules.
The other user would be a "guest" user, who can see only few modules.

How can I do this operation?

Best regards,
Util
Hello Util,

You can play with the different permission levels by configuring users/profiles/groups. Give a read to the official documentation about this here:

[url]http://wiki.pandorafms.com/index.php?title=Pandora:Documentation_en:Managing_and_Administration[/url]

Kind regards,
Antonio.
Hello Antonio,

Thanks for the documentation. If I mean it well, I can use the "tags" to configuring the access to modules.
I tried it, but with using the tags the agent statuses are not working well.
I added tags to a few modules, and configured the user to see this modules with tag, but now this agent (which has the modules with tags) is in critical status, although the user can see only modules with normal stauses.

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Ukraine, I hope it is understandable :) )

Kind regards,
Util
Hello Util,

You are right, even if it may not be a perfect behaviour, it is the expected one, this is because of performance. Having to rebuild all the views (tree view, tactical view, agents view...) would have a negative impact on performance when using tags.

However I agree that is not very useful the way it works now, so I've created an internal ticket to evaluate possibilities and maybe alternatives to restrict permissions at module level.

In the meantime you could split the checks in two agents and place them in different groups, so the users can see all the information of the agents if those are on their groups.

Kind regards,
Antonio.
Hello Antonio,

Thanks for Your help! Unfortunately my system will have got many agents and modules, so it would be hard to split every agents. Can You inform me if you found a solution or alternatives to restrict permissions at module level?

Kind regards,
Util