Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation Script Problems
Dear All,

I try to install Pandora Console and Pandora Server from the pandora.repo at my virtual RHEL6.7 server. The server is hosted on VMWare ESX. Installation from the repository goes fine, but after accessing http://,server-ip/pandora_console/install.php?step=4 things start to look as an Gordian Knot. Especially the following message:

Creating database and default configuration file
  Connection with Database
  Creating database 'pandora'
  Opening database 'pandora'
  Creating schema
  Populating database
  Established privileges for user pandora. A new random password has been generated: ssuyrprf
  Please write it down, you will need to setup your Pandora FMS server, editing the /etc/pandora/pandora_server.conf file

Write permissions to save config file in './include'
  Created new config file at 'include/config.php'
  There were some problems. Installation was not completed.

Please correct failures before trying again. All database schemes created in this step have been dropped.

is very mind-boggling, how can I adjust the pandora_server.conf file on forehand to avoid a database acces problem, while I do not know the generated password for pandora. Why is the script dropping the new database? I haven't be able to adjust the pandora_server.conf file yet!!!
Can you give some tips or hints how to solve this installer issue. I've seen this issue with Pandora 5.1SP4 and 6.0.

Thanks in advance,
Robert Koote
Hello Robert,

There's no problem with the installation itself, we couldn't replicate your issue.

Could you attach screenshots from your installation process?

At step four you are writing down the pass from your mysql installation, don't you?

Regards,
Emilio.
i´m having the same issue. I followed all the steps to install pandora, but on step 5/6 all balloons get in green but drops database and returns the following message:

There were some problems. Installation was not completed.
Please correct failures before trying again. All database schemes created in this step have been dropped.

I'm using to connect to data base a user cloned from user root and i see how DDBB is created. The MySQL server is in another machine.

Thank you
I'm having a similar problem its failing on the create schema and populate database. Above it shows "Invalid default value for 'last_pass_change'. This is rather frustrating because one would think the creators of the script put in the correct default values. Please advise