Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinging different hosts from 1 agent
Hello,

I am new to Pandora FMS. But i am working in a monitoring team for a while. We had been using zabbix,nagios MF OMi for a long time. But we liked the Pandora really much.

The issue is we created modules on a agent with pinging 250 different IPs. It seems like it is not working. It doesnt let me do that on a agent. But i can ping from Pandora server. So is there anyway to ping different IPs from agent or do I need to create a new pandora server on that location? 

Basicly, Can i ping hosts from a agent?
(04-12-2019, 10:47 AM)esavase Wrote: Hello,

I am new to Pandora FMS. But i am working in a monitoring team for a while. We had been using zabbix,nagios MF OMi for a long time. But we liked the Pandora really much.

The issue is we created modules on a agent with pinging 250 different IPs. It seems like it is not working. It doesnt let me do that on a agent. But i can ping from Pandora server. So is there anyway to ping different IPs from agent or do I need to create a new pandora server on that location? 

Basicly, Can i ping hosts from a agent?

Greetings, esavase

You can ping any IP you want by creating Host Alive modules in the agent pointing to the addresses you want. Which version of Pandora FMS are you running? Can you tell us please which MR do you have too?

Can you tell us please how are you creating your modules?

Kind regards, 

Eduardo.
Hello, I am using the lastest version of Pandora. I added IP's with host alive module. But they all critical. Normally the hosts are up and i can ping them from my server.

On the screenshot, you can see the result.
https://hizliresim.com/qdrn0Q
(04-16-2019, 07:26 AM)esavase Wrote: Hello, I am using the lastest version of Pandora.  I added IP's with host alive module. But they all critical. Normally the hosts are up and i can ping them from my server.

On the screenshot, you can see the result.
https://hizliresim.com/qdrn0Q

Hello esavase,

Sorry, but we can't see the image attached, it is missing. Could you attach us a screenshot of one failing host alive module created too? (how it is created).

Regards.