Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows server configure email alerts
Hello everyone,

I have installed pandora fms on a windows server machine but I can not configure the email notification. I have searched thoroughly for a solution on google but no luck.

So my question is:

-Do I need to install something like 'Postfix' in order to work; (This particular software is for *nix OS only)

Thanks in advance.
(04-10-2019, 07:50 AM)fbit Wrote: Hello everyone,

I have installed pandora fms on a windows server machine but I can not configure the email notification. I have searched thoroughly for a solution on google but no luck.

So my question is:

-Do I need to install something like 'Postfix' in order to work; (This particular software is for *nix OS only)

Thanks in advance.

Hello fbit,

It is possible to configure the email alerts with another mail server, not only Postfix. You need to set the correct mta parameters in pandora_server.conf file.

You can see the info of that parameters here: https://wiki.pandorafms.com/index.php?ti...ta_address

Regards.
(04-10-2019, 10:56 AM)jose.almendros Wrote:

So my question is:

Thanks in advance.

Hello fbit,

It is possible to configure the email alerts with another mail server, not only Postfix. You need to set the correct mta parameters in pandora_server.conf file.

You can see the info of that parameters here: https://wiki.pandorafms.com/index.php?ti...ta_address

Regards.

Hello,

thanks for the quick response! I will try to change the parameters in order to connect to our exchange server.
Is there any log that I can monitor when pandora tries to fire the alert; (so I can troubleshoot)
(04-10-2019, 12:07 PM)fbit Wrote:

So my question is:

Thanks in advance.

Hello fbit,

Regards.

Hello,

thanks for the quick response! I will try to change the parameters in order to connect to our exchange server.
Is there any log that I can monitor when pandora tries to fire the alert; (so I can troubleshoot)

Hello fbit,

You can find the log of the mails in the maillog, the default route on CentOS server (if you installed Pandora FMS from the ISO) is /var/log/maillog.

Regards
(04-11-2019, 11:49 AM)jose.almendros Wrote:

So my question is:

Thanks in advance.

Hello fbit,

Regards.

Hello,

Hello fbit,

You can find the log of the mails in the maillog, the default route on CentOS server (if you installed Pandora FMS from the ISO) is /var/log/maillog.

Regards

Hello,

I'm using the windows version. Does this version produce any log files?
(04-11-2019, 01:38 PM)fbit Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 11:49 AM)jose.almendros Wrote:

So my question is:

Thanks in advance.

Hello fbit,

Regards.

Hello,

Hello fbit,

Regards

Hello,

I'm using the windows version. Does this version produce any log files?

Hello fbit,

You are right, you already indicated that your Pandora was installed in a Windows Server.

maillog is only available with postfix mail server, if you have to use another mail server, that one should has their own log. Anyway, updating verbosity to 10 in pandora_server.conf you can see information about alerts mailing in pandora_server.log.

Regards.