Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recon stuck at 1%
I installed the Appliance version  (CentOS) of Pandora FMS and did the updates.

I'm running it on ESXi and am able to log into the linux console and the web console.

I can ping machines / servers / devices on my network from the CLI but nothing seems to detect my network from the web console.

after configuring my network through the setup (i have a xx.xx.xx.xx/22 network), i went into to configuring a recon. 

when I launch it for basic monitoring, the progress bar never moves past 1%.

i've attached my recon task screen and the progress bar screen.

not sure what to do as it appears I'm stuck.

Attached Files

.png   Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 8.12.57 PM.png (Size: 59.79 KB / Downloads: 5)
.png   Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 8.12.44 PM.png (Size: 21.06 KB / Downloads: 4)
(04-09-2019, 12:09 AM)dwcheck62 Wrote: I installed the Appliance version  (CentOS) of Pandora FMS and did the updates.

I'm running it on ESXi and am able to log into the linux console and the web console.

I can ping machines / servers / devices on my network from the CLI but nothing seems to detect my network from the web console.

after configuring my network through the setup (i have a xx.xx.xx.xx/22 network), i went into to configuring a recon. 

Hello dwcheck62,

What Pandora FMS version did you installed? You can find the console version at the footer and server version in Servers>Manage Servers.

Can you check un that view (Servers>Manage Servers) if all the servers are up (in special Recon Server)? If they are up, try the recon task without configuring any port.

Regards.
(04-09-2019, 11:20 AM)jose.almendros Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 12:09 AM)dwcheck62 Wrote: I installed the Appliance version  (CentOS) of Pandora FMS and did the updates.

Hello dwcheck62,

What Pandora FMS version did you installed? You can find the console version at the footer and server version in Servers>Manage Servers.

Can you check un that view (Servers>Manage Servers) if all the servers are up (in special Recon Server)? If they are up, try the recon task without configuring any port.

Regards.

Thanks for responding Jose,

I changed the configuration by removing the ports as you suggested. restarted the scan, still progress bar stuck at 1%.

I've attached screenshots of my web version installed and manage servers (all are ready and running).

Attached Files

.png   Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 11.17.04 AM.png (Size: 18.65 KB / Downloads: 7)
.png   Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 11.20.24 AM.png (Size: 148.32 KB / Downloads: 5)
(04-09-2019, 03:14 PM)dwcheck62 Wrote:

Hello dwcheck62,

Regards.

I changed the configuration by removing the ports as you suggested. restarted the scan, still progress bar stuck at 1%.

I've attached screenshots of my web version installed and manage servers (all are ready and running).

Greetings, dwcheck62

As I see in the images you provided, your Pandora FMS version is outdated. Please do try to install the latest version (Pandora FMS v. 733, MR 26 ). 

Kind regards, 

Eduardo.
(04-10-2019, 08:34 AM)eduardo.corral Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 03:14 PM)dwcheck62 Wrote:

Hello dwcheck62,

Regards.

Greetings, dwcheck62

As I see in the images you provided, your Pandora FMS version is outdated. Please do try to install the latest version (Pandora FMS v. 733, MR 26 ). 

Kind regards, 

Eduardo.

Thanks Eduardo! Much Appreciated. I tried to use the Update Manager but it continually told me that there were no updates to install. 

- I went to the VM console / CLI and looked for the Pandora package and found it was the 7.0NG-732 version 
- got a weird error when I tried to do the update on CLI, 
- #[root]/ rpm -U pandora_console_package.rpm
- the error said require mod_php=7.0 but installed version was 5.x.

after reading more of the guides on administration, i saw that for version 7 and up, all updates should be through the web console and figured i corrupted something further by attempting to do updates manually from the CLI. Won't do that again ;-)

Thinking something was corrupted in the CentOS Appliance (initial installed about 2 months ago) I downloaded prior. Now that I'm running the latest, recon worked and I found all the devices on my network. Map works perfectly. Now I'll work on refining my monitoring.

We can close this post or mark it as resolved.