Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Validate Events / Suspend Action?
Hi guys

I set up some host-alive modules. Alerts are fired every 5 minutes if the host isn't reachable. I configured a 900 seconds threshold for the associated action.
This works as it should but now I'd like to "validate" or acknowledge this event so it does not trigger an action anymore - even if the module still is in critical state (no more sms after validating).

How can I do this the easiest way? At the moment we log in and set the alert to standby. 
Could we just mark an event to "in process" so it does not execute the associated action?
Are there other possibilities?

Thank you for your help!
(02-06-2019, 04:16 PM)buesche Wrote: Hi guys

I set up some host-alive modules. Alerts are fired every 5 minutes if the host isn't reachable. I configured a 900 seconds threshold for the associated action.
This works as it should but now I'd like to "validate" or acknowledge this event so it does not trigger an action anymore - even if the module still is in critical state (no more sms after validating).

How can I do this the easiest way? At the moment we log in and set the alert to standby. 
Could we just mark an event to "in process" so it does not execute the associated action?
Are there other possibilities?

Thank you for your help!

Good morning buesche,

If i understood correctly, you want the alert to be fired only once when the state of the module is critical, no?

If this is the case, once you have configured the alert, go to the list of alerts and click on the configuration of the alert action. It will appear a window "Update action". Please configure the "Number of matching alerts" 0 to 1. This will make it appear only once, until the module recovers to OK, then it will reset the action.

Please try this solution and tells us how it goes.

Alberto
Hello alberto.sanchez

Thank you for your answer. What I'm looking for is:

I set an alert to be fired 15 times (every 5 minutes). I also set an action with a threshold of 900 seconds so the action is only executed 3 times (every 15 minutes). This does work. But now I'd like to be able to shut down the alert or action if I validate it over the webinterface, even if the alert was not fired 15 times.

For example if the alert was fired twice and the action executed once (sending a text message) and I validate the alert trough the webinterface it won't be fired anymore, even if the module is still critical. So only one text message will be sent instead of three. 

I hope I could express myself understandable Smile
(02-07-2019, 12:09 PM)buesche Wrote: Hello alberto.sanchez

Thank you for your answer. What I'm looking for is:

I set an alert to be fired 15 times (every 5 minutes). I also set an action with a threshold of 900 seconds so the action is only executed 3 times (every 15 minutes). This does work. But now I'd like to be able to shut down the alert or action if I validate it over the webinterface, even if the alert was not fired 15 times.

For example if the alert was fired twice and the action executed once (sending a text message) and I validate the alert trough the webinterface it won't be fired anymore, even if the module is still critical. So only one text message will be sent instead of three. 

I hope I could express myself understandable Smile

Good morning buesche,

The only thing you can do is, or do the "Number of matching alerts" explained before, of the disable alert you are doing now.

Please try the "Number of matching alerts" if it works and tell us please the result.

Alberto