Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading from 7.718 to 7.727 in Centos Pandora ISO.
(10-08-2018, 07:39 AM)alberto.sanchez Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 02:46 PM)saleh Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 11:33 AM)alberto.sanchez Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 08:10 AM)saleh Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 12:07 PM)alberto.sanchez Wrote: Good morning saleh,

Sometimes the DB only creates the user wit "root" and no pass, please try it that way and tell us how did it go.

P.D: It was a failure telling you about the start and stop of the console, there is no actions like that. Sorry

Alberto

on booth 718 and 727 and on fresh installed iso and the ones that has DB recovered, strange i guess its always: pandora,pandora for mysql login.

[[email protected] ~]# mysql -n root
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO
Good morning saleh,
mysql -n?¿? Have you tried with -u?¿
Do you have the same login credentials in the pandora_server.conf and the config.php of the console?
If not try to reset root pass of the DB.
Alberto

i started fresh, new 718 iso vm, i add simple agent config just to have some data, backed up the db like so:
case one:
mysqldump -u root -p pandora > /home/backup-root-pandora
case two:
mysqldump -u pandora -p pandora > /home/backup-pandora-pandora

and on new 727 i tried to restore the backups to it, in both cases i failed, for the record this how i restore:
case one: 
stop all pandora services
mysql -u root -p pandora
use pandora
source /home/backup-root-pandora
start all pandora services
=====================
case two:
mysql -u pandora -p pandora 
use pandora
source /home/backup-pandora-pandora

Good morning saleh,

Some questions.
1) Have you installed each package to do the upgrade from the 718 to 727? You have to install each of them (719,720...) on the agent, server and console mannually.
2) Have you tried to do the backup like this: mysqldump -u root -p pandora --all-databases--> /home/backup-root-pandora.sql . With this command you should get the database ok.

Alberto
Hi
Answers:
1) no, I tried to upgrade directly form 718 to 727, i did not go through all the versions. so is this the right way?
2) Thanks but the right syntax like so: mysqldump -u root -p --all-databases > /home/backup-root-pandora-new.sql
Note:still didn't work, tried 2 methods to restore:
1-mysql -u root -p 
source /home/backup....
2-mysql -u root -p pandora
use pandora
source /home/backup....
(10-08-2018, 08:24 AM)saleh Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 11:33 AM)alberto.sanchez Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 08:10 AM)saleh Wrote: on booth 718 and 727 and on fresh installed iso and the ones that has DB recovered, strange i guess its always: pandora,pandora for mysql login.

[[email protected] ~]# mysql -n root
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO
Good morning saleh,
Do you have the same login credentials in the pandora_server.conf and the config.php of the console?
Alberto

i started fresh, new 718 iso vm, i add simple agent config just to have some data, backed up the db like so:
case one:
case two:

and on new 727 i tried to restore the backups to it, in both cases i failed, for the record this how i restore:
case one: 
mysql -u root -p pandora
use pandora
=====================
case two:
use pandora

Good morning saleh,

Some questions.
1) Have you installed each package to do the upgrade from the 718 to 727? You have to install each of them (719,720...) on the agent, server and console mannually.
2) Have you tried to do the backup like this: mysqldump -u root -p pandora --all-databases--> /home/backup-root-pandora.sql . With this command you should get the database ok.

Alberto
Hi
Answers:
1) no, I tried to upgrade directly form 718 to 727, i did not go through all the versions. so is this the right way?
2) Thanks but the right syntax like so: mysqldump -u root -p --all-databases > /home/backup-root-pandora-new.sql
1-mysql -u root -p 
source /home/backup....
use pandora
source /home/backup....

Good morning saleh,

Yes, you must upgrade each version 1 for 1 to make a correct upgrade.
Talking about the backup, the correct way to restore the backup is the 2 way you said. But i don´t know why the backup isn't doing ok with the --all-databases, are you doing the backup out of mysql?

Alberto
(10-09-2018, 07:57 AM)alberto.sanchez Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 08:24 AM)saleh Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 11:33 AM)alberto.sanchez Wrote: Good morning saleh,
Alberto

case one:
case two:

case one: 
mysql -u root -p pandora
use pandora
=====================
case two:
use pandora

Good morning saleh,

Some questions.

Alberto
Hi
Answers:
1-mysql -u root -p 
source /home/backup....
use pandora
source /home/backup....

Good morning saleh,

Yes, you must upgrade each version 1 for 1 to make a correct upgrade.
Talking about the backup, the correct way to restore the backup is the 2 way you said. But i don´t know why the backup isn't doing ok with the --all-databases, are you doing the backup out of mysql?

Alberto

what i know for sure is that a db backup from 718 to new 718 will work fine, but restoring to a newer version is causing issues big enough to cause Pandora_server service to exit?!, that db data communication is the issue