Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recon find agent names?
Hi,

I've just installed Pandora FMS server successfully and setup a few Recon sweeps to find Windows servers and workstations. It seems to pick most machines up fine, but I was hoping that the agent names would be the hostname of the machines rather than the IP address. Is this something Pandora can do?

Thanks,

Jame.
(05-16-2018, 03:09 AM)khongkhixanh Wrote: Hi,

I've just installed Pandora FMS server successfully and setup a few Recon sweeps to find Windows servers and workstations. It seems to pick most machines up fine, but I was hoping that the agent names would be the hostname of the machines rather than the IP address. Is this something Pandora can do?

Thanks,

Jame.

Hi Jame,

Not in my experience. The agent name is the long unique string that is contained within the local pandora conf file.
Pandora will perform a network sweep based upon an ip range that you give it, but does not resolve those addresses.
The Agent page itself doesn't have a hostname field, so it would appear that all you can do is the manually edit the Alias field.
At least then all agents will appear as the hostname instead of the IP address.

Thanks