Difference between revisions of "Pandora: Metaconsole: Documentation en: Administration"
|Line 411:||Line 411:|
*'''Category''':Category to which the module will belongs to
*'''Category''':Category to which the module will belongs to
*'''Tags''':Tags association to the policy
*'''Tags''':Tags association to the policy
Revision as of 11:53, 7 July 2017
- 1 Administration
- 1.1 Instance Configuration
- 1.2 Metaconsole Configuration
- 1.3 Synchronization Tools
- 1.4 Data Management
- 1.4.1 Users
- 1.4.2 Agents
- 1.4.3 Modules
- 184.108.40.206 Components
- 220.127.116.11.1 Component Groups Management
- 18.104.22.168.2 Local Components Management
- 22.214.171.124.3 Network Components Management
- 126.96.36.199 Plugins
- 188.8.131.52 Components
- 1.4.4 Alerts
- 1.4.5 Tags
- 1.4.6 Policies
- 1.4.7 Categories
The Advanced section contains the Metaconsole administration options, between them:
- The data synchronization between the Metaconsole and the Instances
- The data management classified in:
- The Metasetup where there are:
- The Instances configuration
- The Metaconsole configuration options
1.1 Instance Configuration
In the Metasetup section, besides all the options of the console configuration, there is a tab for the console Setup.
In this tab, we will select the instances. All the configuration process is available at the manual section
1.2 Metaconsole Configuration
In the Metasetup section we find tabs with the Metaconsole configuration different options:
1.2.1 General Configuration
In this section we find general data of the Metaconsole, such as the language, the date/hour configuration, information about the license or customization about some sections, among others.
It is possible to customize if we want that the Netflow section would be enabled or disabled, the tree view classified by tags, the visual console and the possibility of web checks creation from the Wizard.
1.2.2 Password Policy
It is possible to set a password policy with limitations in the password number of characters, expiration, temporary blocking of one user. To know more about the password policy go to the manual section Password policy
1.2.3 Visual Configuration
All configuration related to the data representation. Colors and graph resolution, number of items in the view pagination,etc.
Visualization options, historic and event purging.
1.2.5 File Management
File manager where it is possible to upload and delete the files from the images folder from the Metaconsole installation.
The Metaconsole code re-uses some images from the normal console code. These images will be not accessible form this manager and it will be necessary to get to the installation manually to manage them.
1.2.6 String Translation
With the string translation feature it is possible to customize translations.
We do a search of the string in the language that we want to customize. The original string will be shown, the translation to that language and a third column to writte the customized translation.
1.3 Synchronization Tools
1.3.1 User Synchronization
This option allows to the user synchronize the Metaconsole users, and also their profiles with the Instances.
There are two options:
- To copy the profiles configured in the user.
- With this option we can configure profiles that are different from the user profiles.
1.3.2 Group Synchronization
This option allows to the user to synchronize the Metaconsole groups with the Instances.
To avoid problems with the synchronization of groups, we shoud have done the recommended steps regarding Index scaling in the section of Install and Configure the Metaconsole.
Once the groups are synchronized for the first time then the names of the groups can't be modified. If they are (modified or deleted) then the exact same changes need to be applied to the node as well. The group synchronization is based on the group id. The first time the synchronization between the node and the metaconsole is executed the name of the group is synchronized but on the future synchronizations the names of the groups aren't synchronized.
1.3.3 Alert Synchronization
This option allows to the user synchronize the alerts already created in the Metaconsole with the Instances.
1.3.4 Components Synchronization
This option allows to the user to synchronize the module components already created in the Metaconsole with the Instances.
1.3.5 Tags Synchronization
This option allows to the user synchronize the tags already created in the Metaconsole with the Instances.
1.4 Data Management
It is possible to do the following actions in the user management section:
- User Management
- Profiles Management
- Edit my user
184.108.40.206 User Management
In the section Advanced>User Management>User Management, we can see the list of the already created users and modify their configuration and also create new users:
220.127.116.11.1 Create an User
To add an user click on Create user
Next the following form is shown:
The more remarkable parameters are these:
- User ID: identifier that the user will use to authenticate in the application.
- Full Display Name: Field to write the complete name.
- Password: Field to put the password
- Password confirmation: Field to confirm the password
- Global Profile: you should choose between Administrator and Standard User. The Administrator will have absolute permissions on application over the groups where it is defined.The standar user will have permissions defined in the profile that they have assigned.
- E-mail: Field to write the user mail address.
- Phone Number: Field to write the user telephone.
- Comments: Fields where comments are written
- Interactive charts:Allows that the user could or not see the Interactive graphs and at last option to base on the option configured in the global configuration.
- Metaconsole access: Sets the user access permissions to the Metaconsole, being these:
- Basic: With this access the user could user in the Wizard only the components whose Wizard level would be Basic as long as it has ACLs permissions on the group to which they belong to
- Advanced: With this access the user could use in the Wizard any of the components, regardless what their Wizard level are. As long as it has ACLs permissions on the group to which they belong to.
- Not Login: If this option is selected, the user could have access to the API
- Enable agents management: This options is to enable the agent administration in the Wizard. If it is disabled only the module and alert Wizard will be available.
- Enable node access: This option is to enable the access to the instances. If it is enabled, it will be possible to have access through the name of agents and modules in many places to the Instance consoles. For example, from the network map or the event view.
18.104.22.168.2 Modify/Deactivate/Delete an user
In the user list are available options to:
- Activate/Deactivate the user
- Edit the user
- Delete the user from the Metaconsole
- Delete the user from the Metaconsole an from all Instances
The edition form for an user is the same to the creation one but including the profile editor.
In the profile editor it is possible to assign to the user profiles in specific groups and besides, limit those privileges to the selected Tags. It tags are not selecte, the user will have access to all modules, have the associated Tags or not.
22.214.171.124 Profile Management
In the profiles are defined the permissions that an user can have. There is a serial of ACLs flags that will give access to the different Pandora FMS functionalities.
It is possible to see a profile list created by default:
In order to know which function enables each ACLs flag from the profiles, go to user manual section Profiles in Pandora FMS
126.96.36.199.1 Adding a profile
Clicking on Create, it will be possible to add profiles to the ones that comes by default to customize the user access.
Then select the profile name and select the permissions that you want to assign to it.
Some of these bits doesn't makes any sense in the Metaconsole.However, we may want to use the Metaconsole to synchronize profiles to the Instances, where they could be useful.
188.8.131.52.2 Modify/Edit a profile
In the profile list there are available options to modify a profile and delete it.
184.108.40.206 Edit my user
In this section could be edited the data of the user that is authenticated in the Metaconsole. The profiles assigned to the user are shown in this screen with informative character.Its edition is done from the user administrator.
This will be the only section available for users without administration permissions.
In the agent management is included:
- Agent movement between instances
- Group management
220.127.116.11 Agent Movement
This option allows to the user to move the agents already created between the Pandora FMS instances.
Then, you select the origin server and the agents that you want to copy, being possible to filter by group to make the search easier.
Next, select the destination server to which all the created agent will be copied
18.104.22.168 Group Management
We can manage the groups defined in the Metaconsole
After creating or updating one group, it should be synchronized with the Instances for a correct work
22.214.171.124.1 Adding one Group
To add one group click on "Create Group".
The following form will be shown:
Next are detailed the form fields:
- Name: Group name
- Icon: combo where you can select the icon that the group will have.
- Parent: combo where it is possible to define another group as parent of the group that is being created.
- Alerts: If you select the agents that belongs to the group, they can send alerts, if not they can't send alerts.
- Custom ID:Groups have an ID in the Database. In this field it's possible to put an other customized ID that could be used from an external program to do an integration (i.e: CMDB's).
- Propagate ACL:Allows to propagate the ACLs to the child subgroups.
- Description:Group description.
- Contact:Information of the contact accesible from the macro group_contact_macro
- Other:Available Information from macro group_other_macro
Once the groups have been selected click on "Create" button.
126.96.36.199.2 Modify/Delete one Group
In the group list are available some options to modify the group or to delete it.
In the module management we find options to configure the Metaconsole components and also the Plugins.
A component is a "generic module" that could be applied several times on one agent, as if it was a "master copy" of one module, generating a modules associated to one agent. This way, having a database of the components that we use more in our company, when monitoring new agents, it's very easy, so we have our own components adapted to the technologies that we generally use and we only have to apply these components to the new agents.
There are two kinds of components:Network components, that groups all the remote type modules (wmi, tcp, snmp, icmp, plugin, web, etc), and local components, that are the definition of the modules that are defined in the software agents configuration, defined as text "pieces" that could be cut and pasted in the agent configuration.
From the component management section the following actions can be done:
- Component Groups Management
- Local Components Management
- Network Components Management
188.8.131.52.1 Component Groups Management
In the view you can see the list of component groups already created.
184.108.40.206.1.1 Create Component Group
To create a Component Group you only need to click on "Create "
It will show the following form:
Once it is filled in, click on "Create"
220.127.116.11.1.2 Modify/Delete Component Group
In the category list are available some options to modify a category and delete it.
18.104.22.168.2 Local Components Management
The local components refers to the local modules templates that can be applied to create modules in the software agents through the Wizard
In the view, you can see the list of the local components already created.
22.214.171.124.2.1 Create Local Component
To create a new local component, click on "Create" button.
It shows the following form:
The configuration items are these:
- Name:Component name. This name will be visible when you select the component when you create a module for one agent.
- OS: Operative system for which the component is
- Group: The group in which the module will be. It is useful to filter and order by monitoring technologies.
- Description:Module description. In a predefined way a description already exists which could be changed.
- Configuration: Component configuration,same as the module configuration for the software agents.
- Wizard level: The Wizard level is fixed. It can be basic or advanced.
- Type:Type of data that the module returns
- Module group:Group to which the module will belongs to.
- Interval: Module execution intervale.
- Warning/Critical status:Minimum and Maximum range for the warning and critical status.
- FF threshold:Number of times that a value should be return for it could be considered right
- Unit:Field to show the value unity.
- Post proccess:Value which the value that the module will return will be multiplied by
- Critical/warning/unknown instructions:Instructions that will be executed when the module goes to a critical, warning or unknown status.
- Category:Category to which the module will belongs to
- Tags:Tags association to the policy
It is possible to define macros in the local components. These macros will be used in the parameter module_exec and will have the structure _field1_ , _field2_ ... _fieldN_.
Each macro will have three fields:Description, Default value and Help.
- Description:It will be the tag next to the field in the module form.
- Default value:Optional value to load by default in the module form field.
- Help:Optional field to add additional information to the field. If it is defined, a tip will be shown next to the field with this string.
If the component Wizard level is basic, the macros couldn't be configured in the module creation process. They will have as value the one that will be assigned to them by default in the component.
Instead, if it is advanced, they will be shown in the module edition form (Wizard) as normal fields, in a transparent way for the user.
126.96.36.199.2.3 Modify/Delete/Duplicate Local Components
To modify a local component, we click on its name.
In the local components list are available options to duplicate the component and delete it.
It is possible to delete them one by one, or to select several ones and delete them in one step.
188.8.131.52.3 Network Components Management
Network components refers to the templatesof network modules, plugins of WMI that could be applied to create modules in the agents through the Wizard.
In the view, you can see the list of network components already created.
184.108.40.206.3.1 Creating Network Components
It is possible to create three different kinds of network components:
- Network (from Network).
- Plugin (from server plugin).
To create a new network component in the drop-down menu, select a network component from the three possible ones (WMI, Red o Plugin): and press the button Create.
Depending on the type of module there will be some field that could change,like the selection of the plugin in the type plugin or the WMI query or in the WMI type.
In the view it is possible to see the creation form from one of them:
220.127.116.11.3.2 Modify/Delete/Duplicate Network Components
To modify a network component we click on its name.
In the network components list are available some options to duplicate the component and delete it.
It is possible to delete them one by one or select several of them and delete them in one step.
From this section is possible to create and modify the plugins that the Network components type plugin will use.
18.104.22.168.1 Create Plugin
It is possible to create new tags clicking on "Add".The following form will be shown:
In plugins, same as in the local components, it's possible to use macros that will be replaced, in this case in their parameters.
These macros will be shown as normal fields in the plugin type Network Component definition.This way they won't be differenced by an user with other one more field of the Component
22.214.171.124.2 Modify/Delete Plugins
In the plugin list some options are available to modify one plugin and delete it.
In the Metaconsole, alerts could be created. Alerts, same as in a Pandora FMS normal Instance are composed by Commands, Actions, and Templates.
In this section there will be an introduction for each one of the sections where they are managed. To know more about their performance and configuration, you can see the Pandora FMS manual section Alerts System
After creating or updating one alert, you should synchronize it with the Instances for a correct performance
Commands are the alerts lowest level. It could be the execution of one script or any other type of reaction to the alert firing
We can manage the Metaconsole commands in an identical way to as it is done in the Pandora FMS instances.
Actions are a higher level to the commands in the alerts. A command and its configuration is assigned to an action. For example their parameters.
We could manage the Metaconsole actions in an identical way as it is done in the Pandora FMS instances.
126.96.36.199 Alert template
Alert templates are the highest layer of alerts and which will be allocated directly to the modules. On the templates it is specified that trigger actions, under what conditions (fall in a given state of the module, overcoming certain values ...) and when (certain days of the week, when the condition several times in a row ... )
We manage templates metaconsole alerts in an almost identical as in the instances of Pandora FMS. The only difference is the field "Wizard level".
This field defines which users can use this template to create alerts from the Wizard.
- No Wizard: This template will not be available in the wizard.
- Basic: Any user with wizard access can use this template to create alerts.
- Advanced: Only users with advanced level access can use this template.
From this section it is possible to create and modify tags.
188.8.131.52 Creating Tags
It is possible to create new tags clicking on the "Create tag" button. The following form will be shown:
- Name:Tag name
- Description:Tag description
- Url:Hyperlink to help information that should have been previously created
- E-Mail:Email that will be associated in the alerts that belongs to the tag
184.108.40.206 Modify/Delete Tags
In the tag list there are available options to modify one tag and to delete it.
In Metaconsole there is no policy system, but you can manage policies instances.
220.127.116.11 Policy apply
From Metaconsole policies can be applied in the instances where they come from.
Policies are selected that are to apply in the box on the left and on the right is selected instances in which they apply. Confirm the operation clicking on the 'apply' button.
18.104.22.168 Policy management queue
You can also control the application queue policy of the instances. In this queue you will see all policies merged, coming from all instances in order to have an overview of the status of implementation of policies and their history.
You can apply a filter according to the policy, type of operation and status
In this section, we can manage the "categories". Later we will use this in module components.
22.214.171.124 Create categories
Click on button "Create category".
126.96.36.199 Modify/Delete category
On the list, you can click on edit button or delete to delete it.