Pandora: GSOC2015 Ideas
none This is a brief overview of our ideas for Google Summer of Code 2015 under Ártica ST organization (http://artica.es).
1 NoSQL database storage applied for long-term monitoring information on high scalable system
Pandora FMS (FMS comes from Flexible Monitoring System) is a very flexible monitoring tool. http://pandorafms.com. Pandora FMS is one of the most known Opensource monitoring software projects, hosted in Sourceforge since 2004 and with three mentors at GSOC 2015.
Optimize the historical database for systems with big charge of data of long duration, and thus take advantage of new data storage technologies.
- 1. Analize the current data structure.
- 2. Make a migration script of the historical MySQL to NoSQL.
- 3. Integrate in the Pandora FMS PHP code the data queries to the NoSQL historical database.
Bonus milestones / Ideas:
- Migrate all the Pandora FMS database.
- Integrate NoSQL as data management system.