Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limit on parent/child ?
I set up monitoring to watch my local DSL router and my hardware firewall with Pandora running in a cloud server. I set the router to be the parent of the firewall and it displays fine in the topology graph.

I then set up an internal Windows machine and set the firewall as its parent but it only displays at the Pandora Fms level. If I set it with the router as the parent it correctly displays.

Is there some limit in the free version for the number of children or am I doing something wrong?
you might take a look at this.

http://forums.pandorafms.com/index.php/t...757.0.html
Interesting. The Group Map also doesn't show the parent child relationship correctly. I'd expect the topology map to display the relationship but it doesn't.

Nagios does this just fine ;-)
Hi,

In Topology Maps, you can see the parent / child relationship. In the group map, you can not see the parent / child relationship.

It's not a bug, that bug was updated and corrected.

Regards
Just to round this out, in another thread this has been identified as a bug and a workaround for installations with a low number of clients has been issued.