Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
agents create BAD XML in pandora server /var/spool/pandora/data_in
Good Morning,
We have Pandora FMS v2.0 for monitoring Windows Servers. The pandora server is a Ubuntu 8.04. Sometimes, 1 time per hour, we find that in /var/spool/pandora/data_in appears (only for 1 windows servers) files with this type name agentname.numbers.data_BADXML and inside pandora conole - View Events appears -Unable to process XML data file (/var/spool/pandora/data_in)- that Pandora can not understand a bad XML.
The actions for resolving the problems were:
1.- Put in pandora_agent.conf this record pluginserver 1.
2.- Put in pandora_agent.conf this record encoding      ISO-8859-1.

Unfortunately, neither of both has worked.
What is the action I have done? Could you help me?
Thanks a lot.
Hi.

My guess is that some of your monitor generates inconsistent data once per hour.

Do you have the file server.XXXXXXX.data_BADXML? Take a look at this file and check if all the data is ok.

I can take a look at your BADXML data if you want more help, just post it here.

Regards.
Anyone ever figure out a fix for this error?  I'm experiencing the same error with no idea on how to fix it.

"Unable to process XML data file '/var/spool/pandora/data_in/XXXXXXXXX.4074.data': XMLin() requires either XML::SAX or XML::Parser at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DataServer.pm line 154"

Pandora or course marks this file as "BADXML"  I've followed all the suggestions in the blogs, but none seem to correct the issue.

The XML file is coming from a Windows Agent; using "tentacle".
Can you try installing libxml-parser-perl?
Upgrade version, 2.0 is _VERY_ old now, we're publishing 3.2 tomorrow !
I've the 3.2 version, and the same problem. I have tried with both encodings.

In 3.1v it didn't happened!
Could you try with the last version (Pandora FMS 3.2.1)?
the problem persists in 3.2.1.
I have solved the problem by installing libxml-parser-perl (libxml-parser-perl_2.36-1.1+b1_i386.deb) as told in a previous post.
Now I have Pandora FMS working on a Turnkey Linux Appliance.
Ok. Thanks by the tip.