Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Plug-in module initialization -- challenge and tip
Over time I have created several plug-ins and have challenges every time getting the modules to initialize. (Only rarely does it work the first time.) I am not sure what the problem is. I have done all the steps, including setting "pluginserver 1". This is what I found to work: Use the agent module "duplicate" button to create a "copy of ..." for the failing plug-in module. I find the duplicate will initialize and the original does not. I then delete the original.

Give it a try. Does it work for you? If so, could be a bug, but I have not yet identified the pattern.
Wow... now that's some nice description about a bug we've been trying to fix for a long time..

Yes, it is true that due to a yet unknown reason, this problem actually happened in some environments (but so far we've only managed to replicate it under virtual environments running older versions of the product with an uncommon installation process... we never found the origin of this problem though... the only thing we know is that it simply "dissapeared" after some time in newer versions)

So it would be helpful to know about your system setup and the version/build of your Pandora Console and Server...

Now that you point about the chance of getting the module to initialize if duplicated, there could be light at the end of the tunnel!

We'll keep you informed.

Regards and thanks for the report.
This is what I have installed:
Pandora FMS v4.0.2 - Build PC120625

Installed on CentOS

Glad to help!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

(c) 2006-2018 Artica Soluciones Tecnol├│gicas. Contents of this wiki are under Create Common Attribution v3 licence. | |

Theme © MyBB Themes