What’s New Pandora FMS 7.0 NG 720
This last update package of Pandora FMS 7.0 NG contains several improvements aas well as visual changes and includes the resolution of some problems. A list of the most important changes can be found below.
Metaconsole and large environment enhancements
- Optimized operation of systems with satellite server and incremental modules.
- New agent self-provisioning feature to assign an agent to one of Pandora FMS multiple servers within the infrastructure.
- Corrections in the links to the images in the metaconsole.
- The creation of the general report template in metaconsole has been improved.
- We have optimized the self-validation of events in metaconsole.
- Improvements have been made to the metaconsole API and user management.
- “Command line snapshot” option included in the metaconsole.
- Improvements have been made to the MySQL plugin and virtualization plugins: Nutanix, Xen and Vmware.
- Improvements in plugin server logs.
- Optimization of group creation.
- New images for the visual console background.
- Console auto-refresh and visual console paging has been optimized.
- Improvements in group display in tree views, fixed menus, custom graphs with the ACL Enterprise enabled, SQL graphs, and graphics with decimal values.
- Optimization of fictitious node relationships.
- The posibility to count items after searching in the tree view has been included.
Improvements in Cluster display
With respect to the new cluster functionality announced in the previous release, we have continued to work on its optimization by making a series of improvements in the following aspects:
- Cluster modules history.
- Inclusion of the identification of cluster agents in the database configuration.
Improvements in the functioning of policies and massive operations
- A new script has been created to copy agents from one policy to another.
- Optimization of the secure mode of agents in the application of policies.
- New fields have been included in massive operations.
- Improvements in the performance of massive operations to change the value of modules.
- Filtering of uninitialized modules in massive operations has been improved.
Improvements in alerts and events
- Service module alerts performance has been improved.
- We have optimized the way we evaluate rules in event alerts.
- Improvements have been made in the responses to events.
- We have created an event response macro.
General console improvements
- Integration of Pandora FMS with CCM (Cisco Communication Manager).
- Optimization of the ACL system.
- Improvements in the queries with filters at programmed shutdowns.
- The functionality of module_crontab in the software agents has been improved.
- LDAP authentication of Active Directory users improved
- Fixed problem in group recursion in the agents section of a policy.
- Fixed bug when deleting macros in the plugin server.
- Fixed authentication error in web modules.
- Fixed problem when accessing to historical report data in the historical database.
- Fixed status error when the histogram has no thresholds.
- Fixed ACL bug in custom graphics.
- Fixed Syslog server error.
- Solved problem in the visual consoles with group All.
- Fixed bug in SNMP interfaces on network maps.
- Fixed error in Windows Security log monitoring event view.
Download Pandora FMS
The last updated version of Pandora FMS can be downloaded from the downloads section of our website:
El equipo de redacción de Pandora FMS está formado por un conjunto de escritores y profesionales de las TI con una cosa en común: su pasión por la monitorización de sistemas informáticos.
Pandora FMS’s editorial team is made up of a group of writers and IT professionals with one thing in common: their passion for computer system monitoring.