Pandora FMS 7.0 NG, package 707, contains numerous functional improvements and visual upgrades. Here’s a selection of some of the most important changes on the latest version:
- Better group display options on different console views.
- Better visuals on Netflow display and Metaconsole.
- The visual design of the new events sound console has been cleaned up and also now includes features the agent that generated the event.
- The service view design has been overhauled, and made easier to use.
- The value of the “unit” field now updates correctly when policies are modified and/or the data on said module changes.
- Text backgrounds have been shaded in to provide a better viewing experience.
- Now incorporates previous 24 hour events history on agents’ detailed view:
- Better authentication protocols to avoid XSS vulnerabilities.
- Historical database can now perform custom SQL queries for producing reports.
- Update agent cache to Metaconsole process now optimized.
- Improvements to log file size limit, when displayed on the console.
- “Header” parameter option added when creating a webserver-type module.
- Trap search results on the SNMP console are now more informative when no existing traps coincide with the search.
- Agent fields can now be customized, adding and modifying fields such as encriptions, and displaying the data on screen with hidden characters.
- The events creation and validation plugin now includes the following upgrades:
- URLS included when adding critical/warning/unknown-type actions.
- Data sending and Ison custom fields improved.
- A new event can validate previous ones with the same ID Extra.
- Agents associated with an event can now be selected by name, without using the numeric ID.
- Automatic agent creation, if not specified otherwise on the event.
- View modules with no assigned alerts and create alerts from the same display.
- “servername” now allows upper case characters.
- A problem with Generating Network Maps on Windows servers running Pandora FMS now debugged.
- SNMP traps alerts macros debugged.
- Problems with agent plugin “pandora_df_used” when detecting network volume debugged.
- The “pandora_db” plugin displayed a warning when the server name was not defined on the server’s config file. Now it takes the machine’s default hostname to avoid displaying the warning.
- Data graphics over six months old were buggy, due to a modification on the X axis. Debugged.
- Synchronization on the data server module status when modified through the console now debugged.
- Plugin server modules related to the macro that assigns the agent its alias now debugged.
- Agent config files plugins suffered write errors after applying an agent plugins policy. Now corrected.
- Search filters and page changes bugs now fixed.
- System time modules generated by the SNMP wizard now displays correctly.
Download Pandora FMS
Download the latest, fully updated version of Pandora FMS from the download section of our website:
El equipo de redacción de Pandora FMS está formado por un conjunto de escritores y profesionales de las TI con una cosa en común: su pasión por la monitorización de sistemas informáticos.
Pandora FMS’s editorial team is made up of a group of writers and IT professionals with one thing in common: their passion for computer system monitoring.