Presenting 705, the latest packet from Pandora FMS 7.0 NG, with numerous improvements, better-looking visuals and debugs. Here’s a list of the most important changes:
- Multi-origin macros. From now on you can use content from any agent module that generates alerts to include more information about the agent.
- An additional tag filter in mass module operations to facilitate the operation in certain specific cases:
- Improvements in mass Plugin operations.
- ‘Strict ACL’ option eliminated from User menu.
- New report item with Maximum, Average and Minimum values.
- Improved free text search.
- Configuration changes (Events detection) collected in inventory data, such as installed software packets, network hardware configuration, paths, installed IPs or hardware, now include more detail on the change; a new item, an eliminated item, a modification of an existing item, etc.
- Inventory list can now be ordered by agent.
- Group view display is now in black and white when displaying total data (ALL) to avoid confusion.
- A new search filter (by date) has been added to the SNMP console.
- Better visuals on the events sound console. It now displays details of the event that triggered the alarm and the interface is cleaner and clearer.
- Better Service Graphs displays.
- Better inventory display.
- There is a new option for displaying Module Graphs without compacting the image. You can now zoom in on full resolution for more detail.
- Improvements in the visualization of some graphs of the Dashboards that previously left leveled out.
- Improved Events filters: as well as including small improvements in predefined searches, it also allows custom event fields to be searched.
- Creating Modules in Policies sometimes gave problems: debugged.
- Issues with User paging debugged.
- Issues with Networkmap auto refresh debugged.
- Exporting agents via CSV debugged.
- The Target IP macro gave problems when creating policy modules: debugged.
- Customizing the login page was problematic: debugged.
- Agent names on Windows that included spaces gave problems. Use inverted commas to avoid the issue, eg: “agent_name “Windows 2008 Server”.
- The parameter thread_stack my.cnf (on the Pandora FMS ISO by default) has changed, as it affected MySQL behavior.
- Content from one agent module can now be used on any alert to provide more information.
How to download Pandora FMS
About Pandora FMS
Pandora FMS is a flexible monitoring system, capable of monitoring devices, infrastructures, applications, services, and business processes.
Of course, one of the things that Pandora FMS can control is the hard disks of your computers.
Would you like to know more about what Pandora FMS can offer you? Discover it by entering here: https://pandorafms.com
If you have more than 100 devices to monitor, you can contact us through the following form: https://pandorafms.com/en/contact/
Also, remember that if your monitoring needs are more limited you have at your disposal the OpenSource version of Pandora FMS. Find more information here: https://pandorafms.org
Do not hesitate to send us your queries. The Pandora FMS team will be happy to assist you!
El equipo de redacción de Pandora FMS está formado por un conjunto de escritores y profesionales de las TI con una cosa en común: su pasión por la monitorización de sistemas informáticos.
Pandora FMS’s editorial team is made up of a group of writers and IT professionals with one thing in common: their passion for computer system monitoring.