WHAT’S NEW IN PANDORA FMS 7.0 NG 704
This post is also available in : Spanish
This package of improvements, while not incorporating big functions, includes over 70 small changes and patches. The most relevant ones we’ve listed below.
- Elements from the database history can now be included in reports, extending their functions and the capacity of any report element (in previous versions, they were limited to graphics).
- CSV file fields are now customizable. Go to general setup to select this option.
- New dashboard widget displays UX monitoring:
- “Module templates” with blank spaces can no longer be created. This improves editing and facilitates policy maintenance.
- New macro: _alert_unknown_instructions_ displays instructions for alerts triggered by unknown status, joining those triggered by critical and warning status.
- The metaconsole sync button now forces license changes to the node.
- MapQuest maps (Open alternative to GoogleMaps) has been updated.
- ACL predefined profiles (Standard user and Pandora Administrator) were unable to modify policy thresholds. This is now fixed.
- You can reset forgotten passwords from the console. The system will send a link to the user to change their password. The console now has a specific configuration to manage mails sent from the console, which affects both planned PDF reports and the new password recovery system:
- Administrators can now modify the default login page for all users.
- A new config token has been implemented on agents that enables them to get an alias by the system command: agent_alias_cmd
- The Export Server now returns all module configuration parameters including thresholds, units, tags, etc..
- Decimal places on module thresholds graphs can now be shown, if there are any.
- When launching a Dashboard slideshow a paging list appears to simplify Dashboard selection.
- Graphics containers: “Containers” can now be defined that allow combined or module graphics to be ordered and prioritized, adding optional dynamic rules that allow certain graphics to be incorporated automatically:
- New macros included to allow use of additional agent IPs. 1) _all_address_ that displays all the agent’s IPs, and 2) _address_n_ where n represents the IP position you want to show.
- It’s now possible to incorporate a predetermined filter in events view. Users can define the filter at the user detail editor page:
- Error popups during installation fixed:
- Dashboard general view now includes paging.
- Better menu display with strict ACL mode active.
- The yellow traps console icon was invisible, so we changed the color.
- Pandora FMS mobile login issue (special characters) fixed. Reported via GitHub.
- Service Maps view on Dashboard now fits to screen.
- Graph legends now take up less space, and display the information more compactly.
- ”Parent elements” on visual consoles had an issue with some map elements and text labels. This is now fixed.
- Dashboards and visual consoles adjust better to fullscreen mode, avoiding showing scroll bars.
- Agent/alias labeling confusion in duplicate agent configuration section fixed (previously the name of the agent appeared in the alias field).
- On the SNMP traps console the internal agent name was displayed, instead of its alias.
- Group dashboard assignation on user start screen fixed.
- When unlinking from policy-applied modules the internal agent name appeared in the list of unlinked modules in policies. This is now fixed.
- On the Open version the version being used wasn’t displayed at the foot of the page. Now fixed.
- Logs viewer was displaying real agent name instead of alias. Fixed.
- Fields on the export server related to massive operations now fixed.
- php5 packets for Debian no longer have to be dependent.
- Small filtering issues with generating dynamic reports from templates now fixed:
- AIX agent startup fixed.
- Problems with agent broker mode containing asynchronous modules on a Windows agent.
How to download Pandora FMS
You can download the latest version of Pandora FMS from Download section of our website:
About Pandora FMS
Pandora FMS is a flexible monitoring system, capable of monitoring devices, infrastructures, applications, services and business processes.
Of course, one of the things that Pandora FMS can control is the hard disks of your computers.
Would you like to know more about what Pandora FMS can offer you? Discover it by entering here: https://pandorafms.com
If you have more than 100 devices to monitor, you can contact us through the following form: https://pandorafms.com/en/contact/
Also, remember that if your monitoring needs are more limited you have at your disposal the OpenSource version of Pandora FMS. Find more information here: https://pandorafms.org
Do not hesitate to send us your queries. The Pandora FMS team will be happy to assist you!