What’s new in Pandora FMS 7.0 NG 726
WHAT’S NEW in Pandora FMS 7.0 NG 726
New package to update release Pandora FMS 726
Among the new features of the new Pandora FMS 726 update package, you will find new templates to create visual consoles, improvements and views. A list of the most important changes is shown below.
New features and improvements
New templates to create visual consoles
From version 726 onwards, a new functionality is implemented that allows the creation of visual consoles in a fast and massive way (several at a time), using a template that allows the use of macros to associate elements of the console such as graphics, icons and other elements to agents and/or modules from a list.
Event view sortable by columns
The event view now allows the information in any column to be sorted. In the last update the possibility of adding several new columns was added, making the current dataset much more complete and flexible.
Improvements in the “Self-assesment” extension
The new self-assessment tool shows more metrics, including the level of fragmentation and the use of the database. It also offers specific proposals for improvement on its optimization.
New GIS layers
In GIS maps, it is now possible to create a new layer of icons representing only one group, obtaining the GPS data of an agent selected by the administrator.
- With the 726 update, the visual console is now able to support bullet type graphics and vertical/horizontal bars.
- The event alarm filter now works with the agent alias, not the internal name.
- It is now possible to use mass operations with SNMP v3 modules.
- The threshold view for the combined interface graphs has been implemented.
- From this update onwards, incremental data can be used in the SNMP real-time graphs.
- Formatting of data displayed in Command Snapshot View.
- Fixed bugs with the secondary groups, so they already behave according to the documentation.
- Fixed a major issue that prevented users from auto-creating in advanced LDAP mode.
- Fixed a permissions error in alert actions.
- Modified the management of signals between Pandora FMS server threads, so it is intended to solve the failure that made the server threads remain in inconsistent state, blocking the execution of some remote monitoring process.
- Fixed a problem with secondary groups that prevented some agents from viewing module graphics, depending on the combination of groups and permissions.
- Fixed the bug with the event report in the Meta Console, which did not show the correct events.
- Fixed the error in the IOS application of the Pandora FMS console.
- Fixed a problem with the log parsing plugin (grep_log) that sometimes generated BADXML when the log itself contained XML.
- Repaired the “Snapshot” data view for string data, which left without carriage returns.
- Fixed a problem with secondary group event filtering in the Meta Console.
- Fixed problems for installations using Elastic v6.3.1.
El equipo de redacción de Pandora FMS está formado por un conjunto de escritores y profesionales de las TI con una cosa en común: su pasión por la monitorización de sistemas informáticos.
Pandora FMS’s editorial team is made up of a group of writers and IT professionals with one thing in common: their passion for computer system monitoring.