Released Pandora FMS 3.1 RC1 !
This is a major upgrade from 3.0 version and includes a lot of new features. This version is a Release-Candidate, similar to a beta version, but with months of testing done.
This includes a vmWare/VirtualBox image, RPM packages, DEB packages and of course, source tarballs and the Windows Agent Installer. We’ve also updated our user guide with a stunning 420 page manual in PDF.
More information about this release at our website at http://pandorafms.org
To get downloads go directly to Sourceforge:
Whats new in Pandora FMS 3.1 ?
New general features
* GIS for Agent Geopositioning using GPS information embedded into de XML or by manual placement. Pandora FMS render the information in realtime in a new map-view, using real maps from Google, OpenStreetMaps or your own maps.
* New reporting tool. Added 4 ITIL KPI’s, a custom SQL report (based on SQL entered by user), a used-defined data report (based on serialized data in module information), better event/alert listings. Added a wizard for the enterprise. Added a custom page design, incluiding header and footer for enterprise customers. Updated PDF reporting with a fancy design.
* New API system to manage Pandora FMS from a webservice interface (first version).
* New CLI (Command Line Interface) to manage PAndora FMS from the console (first version).
* Added timezone (global) support for the GUI. This will show the data timestamps according your timezone. Planned to implement timezone also per each user.
* Support for new Log4x information type (logs).
* New Enterprise ACL system, to implement low-level access to each page/section of Pandora FMS console. This allow to define what exactly can view/do a user, even the own administrator.
* New alert type: onChange. Implemented to be able to launch an alert on a data value change (string or numeric).
* New metaconsole mode. This allow to operate several -independent- Pandora FMS from a single console, reviewing it’s data on a centralized, summarized way, allowing also a simple “delegated” authentication. With this model, you can have an “array” of Pandora Fms, without limits of managed devices (thousands).
* New feature (Enterprise): Service monitoring, based on a weighted ponderation of a list of individual monitors. This will allow to create new monitors based on the dynamic sum of a list of items depending of it’s status.
* Added support for SNMP v3.
* New translation (Japanese) for Help files, and console texts for 3.0/3.1
* Dashboard improvement, new widgets.
* Cascade protecion improvement: now it checks on any parent level, using the whole hierarchy to avoid firing alerts if any previous element has already fired a critical alert.
* New diagnostic screen in console (Setup -> Diagnostic info).
* Split setup options in several new setup sub-screens. (General, Visualization, Performance, GIS, Metaconsola, ACL Enterprise, etc).
* Added new mode for collect statistics not in real time, improving performance. This needs several important modifications in console and server. New fields and tables added. This allow to have up to 5000 agents in the same system, without performance problems viewing tactical views as group view, server or tactical
* New title styles applied to all pages in WEB console.
* New group screen.
* Modified tactical view: Events show only pending, and over the server status. Added global health bar.
* Added support for OpenStreetmaps and Googlestret maps in Pandora FMS to render GIS information.
* New Database Main info screen, about performance and important values of Database, including last time of maintance script.
* Added support to actions and templates to edit/show it’s group, in order to implement efectively ACL.
* New module group editor
* Partial rewrite of old code for visualization/edition of alerts, solving several problems from the past, mostly on performance issues.
* Group “All/Any” is now better managed.
* Events are now “auto-validated” when a more important event on the same module is displayed or event disapear. This allow to have a “event view” with current events, not historical. To see historical, just select “all events” instead non-validated events.
* Modified main loop to do internal tasks more eficiently.
* Pandora DB improvement to do several tasks progresively, using many steps, avoiding database locks.
* Added several new indexes and removed some: Important performance increase.
* Added support for GeoIP in Recon server.
* New self-monitoring option for the server. Server itself acts like a embedded agent providing useful information about performance and status.
* Pandora_db.pl: Added support to new purge parameters for event, audits, snmp traps, string data and gis data. Added new section to clean orphaned information (using an application -implemented database referencial integrity model).
* Middle layer for OS information. This new abstraction allow unix agent to provide new module interface to collect directly filesystem information as well as process information.
* User defined timeout for module execution in Windows agents.
* Full agent support for running in Windows 2008 R2, Vista and Windows7, both 32bit and 64 bit.
* New agent plugin support for Windows plattform.