Our engineers, our community users and our clients, who propose improvements specifically oriented to their business environment, are constantly revising Pandora FMS. Every new version aims to benefit each and every one of our customers according to their needs.
Pandora FMS 4.0.3 released
A new release of Pandora FMS is coming after Christmas. This new 4.0.3 version is a minor update with new interesting features and a lot of bugs fixed to make this version more reliable. What's new?
This version has two new incredible features: command snapshot and graphic comparison.
Command snapshot allows you to get a static image of any command output of your system. If something goes wrong, command snapshot gets and offers you detailed information about the problem so you don't have to execute any command to find out what's going on. For example, you could compare the CPU usage value with a snapshot of the “top” command. This feature also stores snapshots in a history database so you can check it anytime you like.
The Graphic comparison feature generates two graphs to compare time intervals. With this feature, you can compare a time range with the previous interval. For example, you could compare this week with last week, or this month with last month. The outcome will be displayed in two different charts, although both lines could also be displayed in the same chart. It's up to you. This feature is very useful to compare data and trends when you have made a huge change in your system.
Our main goal is to offer the best monitoring system in the market. We are committed to improve the reliability and performance of Pandora FMS. That is why this release comes with a lot of bug fixed and performance improvements which are mentioned below.
- GIS map improved: now it shows an agent's icon and it is possible to hide the agent's name.
- Faster event views and several bug fixed related to event validation.
- Improved database management to allow the main database and history database to work within the same host.
- Improved incident management integration between Pandora FMS and Integria IMS.
- Fixed several problems related to the enterprise ACL system.
- Improved Enterprise network map visualization.
- Fixed several issues on policy management and visualization.
- Added support to move agents through different metaconsoles.
- Improved support for SNMP v2.
- Created new plugins and improved the existing ones.
- Better performance and some problems solved in the enterprise network servers.
- Improved SSL library detection on the enterprise web transactional monitoring.
- Fixed a problem on Solaris system and socket communications.
- Updated log-event module for Windows to fit new events structure.
- Support for Windows 8.
You can download Pandora FMS in different supports (ISO, VMware image, DEB, RPM and TAR.GZ) at http://pandorafms.com/Community/download/ and check the +800 pages documentation at http://pandorafms.com/Community/doc/
New features on 4.0.2
- New tree-format view. This new view format shows your systems information, filtered by modules, groups, policies, modules groups or operating systems.
- New Telnet/SSH Gateway. It allows connecting remote devices from Pandora FMS console, as if it was another terminal.
- New reports that give users detailed inventory information of every inventoried device, showing changes with respect to its former version.
- Online update system for Pandora FMS OpenSource version, based on weekly releases available in SourceForge.
- This new 4.0.2 version improved Pandora FMS visual console and features new elements for representing bubble-shaped dynamic graphs.
- New colour scheme for WARNING/CRITICAL class events, standardized according to the common use in the industry for alerting these types of events.
- Improved interface: redesigned menus that further improved their usability.
New Tree View
- New chat to ensure an efficient communication without logging off Pandora FMS.
- New report generator with a new design that greatly improves reports' performance and visualization.
- Local and remote inventory improvements. Some flaws have been removed and new modules have been added as standard.
- New ready-to-use plug-ins for IPMI, DNS, UDP and SMTP technologies.
- New ready-to-use recognition scripts for monitoring IPMI and SNMP technologies.
- Improved usability in Massive Operations. Higher number of wizards and selectors to apply operations easily.
- Improvements in policy management interfaces and synthetic modules.
- Public mode to display consoles. You do not need to register as a user because it shares the visual console view through a public URL.
- UNIX agent stores XML files. If Pandora server connection is lost, Unix agent can recover these files once the connection is restored.
- Improved performance for server plug-ins with a more efficient native time-out system tool.
- New CLI commands tool and Web API.
- Improved translation quality
- Some errors found in the Export Server while exporting policies modules and other operations have been fixed.
- Improved API interface: increased security.
- Extended support for the unit tag. Now, Pandora server processes this tag and attaches it to the collected information from the modules.
- Faster screen answer in tactical view, groups, agents detail and others.
- Release 4.0.2 enables to customize database port and change its default port.
- Problems while operating Pandora FMS console on non-standard HTTP ports have been fixed.
- More than 250 minor bugs have been fixed.
- New tool for converting CSV formatted data into XML formats compatible with Pandora FMS.